Saturday, January 12, 2019

FIRST LOOK: For Better (The Billionaire's Vow, #3)

Hey loves! Can't believe we're already twelve days into 2019...which means we're that much closer to more Jacob and Leila. :D

Here's your first look at the next installment in the Billionaire's Vow series, For Better (The Billionaire's Vow, #3).




Excerpt from For Better (The Billionaire’s Vow Series, #3) by Ava Claire 
Copyright © 2019 Ava Claire

“Jacob, if you don’t keep your hands to yourself, I’m gonna spank you.”
That earned me a chuckle, his pale eyes glittering with mischief. We both knew my bark was bigger than my bite—and I really wasn’t putting up too much of a fight.
His fingertips stroked the length of my spine, literally, since his hand was up my shirt, making me think about everything but the task at hand. I should have been putting the finishing touches on the platter of food I ordered for dinner with Lexi, a dinner that was due to kick off in T-minus 15 minutes, according to the clock. 
Based on the current location of my husband’s hands (snaking around to the front, cupping my breasts), he was hungry for something—and it wasn’t on the menu.
“Jacob,” I hissed, but pointedly didn’t swat his hand away. In fact, I welcomed his touch, bracing my hands against the counter. Eyes fluttering shut as he roamed over my nipples, teasing the peaks. Chasing the darkness, the distraction, because it offered me a few more precious moments of denial. I didn’t have to pretend this was merely a dinner with a client instead of an intervention. I didn’t have to pretend I wasn’t terrified Jace would tag along, despite my attempts to make it clear I was extending Lexi a solo invitation and we were fresh out of plus one’s. 
Jacob let out a low, dangerous groan as he lingered on my mounds, weighing each one like he was weighing out the options. Deciding what he wanted to do to me. 
I should have steered us back to G-rated territory, but I felt a groan of my own rising from the heart of me, needs of my own being fanned by his nearness. What was the harm in a little bumping and grinding before I had to go into fix-it mode? Hope was at her grandparent’s house, and let’s be honest—I chose a Nirvana t-shirt and a flowing, candy apple red skater skirt because on some level, I wanted my husband to be distracted too. To lift the short hem and give me something else to think about. Something other than Lexi, Rachel, or Alicia.
To be frank, I wanted him to give me something to cry about.
To use me, to spank me, so the tears that brimmed my eyes were ones of pleasure and absolution instead of tears of frustration. 
I didn’t want to think about all the things I couldn’t control. 
I didn’t want to think at all. 
I just wanted to count.
Jacob’s fingers lingered on my nipples, fingers poised around my swollen flesh. 
Waiting. 
Giving me an out. 
Or is he daring you to say yes?
“Are you sure, little sub?” He moved closer and I felt the solid, throbbing length of him telling me he was hoping for a yes.
I did one better. I craned my neck, eyes finding his. “Spank me.” 

0 comments

Post a Comment